Sales and Marketing Manager
Location: Cambridge, UK / home based
Amantys Power Electronics Ltd. is seeking to hire a Sales and Marketing Manager who will be responsible for sales of Amantys products and services worldwide. Amantys Power Electronics sells a range of intelligent gate drives for high power applications such as trains, wind turbines, grid applications and medium voltage motor drives. The company also provides technical services contracts and licences intellectual property.
The goal is to promote and expand the company’s presence in existing and emerging markets. You will be in charge of managing the sales and marketing activity, developing sales plans, business funnels meeting planned goals, and managing distributors, resellers and agents.
This role will suit a sales engineer or field applications engineer who is ready to apply his selling and technical skills to the selling of bespoke product and capabilities as well as innovative standard products. The candidate must be able to communicate knowledgeably both with prospective customers and within the Company and recognise opportunities to create value propositions.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Understanding the commercial and technical requirements of customers to ensure their needs are being met.
- Selling Amantys Power Electronics’ products to potential customers focussing on the technical advantages.
- Preparing and presenting bids, proposals and quotes to customers.
- Negotiating and closing sales opportunities for Products, Technical Services Agreements and Intellectual Property Licences.
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs.
- Present sales reports and realistic forecasts to the management team.
- Liaison with engineering and operations team to align customer expectations and delivery from Amantys.
- Managing local sales teams, distributors and sales channels worldwide.
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status.
- Co-ordinating and contributing to MARCOM activities such as exhibitions, advertising, web and social media
Skills & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in business or electrical engineering or equivalent experience
- Strong business sense and industry expertise in the field of high power (>1MW) converters or IGBTs.
- Experience of selling IGBT related products and power stacks.
- Experience of working to international standards eg: rail industry technical standards
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close. Experience of working with Tier 1 OEM purchasing departments and processes.
- Successful previous experience in a sales role, consistently meeting or exceeding targets.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Committed to continuous education through workshops, seminars and conferences
- Previous experience of licencing Intellectual Property
- Foreign language skills eg. French, German, Spanish, Chinese
- Innovative thinker, prepared to offer alternative or non-standard solutions to a problem.
- Motivated and proactive, ready to take the initiative, with a strong work ethic.
- Able to manage one’s own work load, juggling more than one job at a time.
- Flexibility and willingness to travel.