Currently, the company use an external accountant for the day-to-day financial tasks. Reporting directly to the CEO, the financial director will manage all financial aspects of the company as well as support the CEO and management team in ad hoc business projects. Liaising and communicating financial information effectively with employees, the management team as well as customers, suppliers and investors of the company are also central to the role. The role is full time.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Lead the finance function within the company including selection and management of key external financial services
- Development of the company’s financial systems and process in line with its growth, corporate governance requirements and compliance to ISO9001
- Manage the relationship with the company’s bank and utilise facilities provided by the bank effectively including treasury management and foreign exchange exposure
- Actively contribute to Amantys’ growth strategy and execute on these plans
- Responsible for the preparation and submission of all statutory, company and regulatory filings.
- Manage provision of external specialist advice on all tax issues including employment tax, VAT, corporation tax, tax incentives for high technology companies and share options with the assistance of external advisors
- Oversee payroll and VAT as well as the company pension plan, ensuring returns to be submitted to HMRC are prepared correctly and on a timely basis
Skills & Experience Required:
- Qualified accountant with relevant sector experience in a senior financial management position minimum of 8 years post qualification experience
- Demonstrable experience of working in a venture backed company during its growth phase essential. This experience must include including fund raising from both institutions and investment firms.
- Experience of working in a business within a hardware high-technology sector preferable
- Have a clear understanding and experience of financial operating procedures in an ISO 9001 environment
- Hands on knowledge of ERP systems, knowledge of SAGE200 preferable
- Honesty, integrity and discretion
- Team player able to forge strong working relationships throughout the company.
- Proactive and pragmatic with “can do” approach to all tasks
- Strong communication skills - fluency in English, both spoken and written are essential, other languages would be an advantage.
- Ability to lead and motivate.
Amantys Ltd is a leader in the design and manufacture of innovative medium and high voltage power electronic switching products. The company was formed in May 2010 and has around 15 employees as well as a number of consultants and contractors. This growing company is based in Cambridge UK with good prospect of expanding into Europe and the rest of the world. The majority shareholder is Fidelity International; the other corporate investor being ARM Limited.
The post holder will be required to work at the Company’s offices in Cambridge.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for the position above and meet all the criteria, we'd like to hear from you: firstname.lastname@example.org. Strictly no agencies please.