World class capabilities
Established in 2010 as a privately-funded power electronics company, the Amantys vision is to transform the design, implementation and control of power electronic converters and systems.
Our products deliver a scalable, cost effective solution to meet the challenges of designing reliable and efficient power conversion in medium and high voltage applications.
Headquartered in Cambridge UK, Amantys has a team of engineers experienced in all aspects of digital control and power electronics.
Our development roadmap demands that we understand the technical challenges faced in many diverse applications. The problems we're addressing are often common in each of these markets.
Our expertise is tightly focussed on the power transistor and how it switches, whether it's using traditional IGBTs or MOSFETs, or emerging semiconductor materials such as Silicon Carbide (SiC) and Gallium Nitride (GaN).
We are developing solutions for medium and high voltage applications that:
- Monitor the switching characteristics of power transistors
- Control the switch operation
- Improve switch performance and efficiency
- Enhance system reliability and robustness
If you are facing these challenges in your application, maybe we can help.
Double Pulse Test
- In-house test facility at Amantys headquarters in Cambridge
- Rigorous testing of gate drives and IGBT modules for safe operating area conditions
- Full characterisation of individual IGBT manufacturers’ modules for safe operating frequency against gate resistor and temperature
Lifetime and reliability
- In-house HTOL for operating life over temperature
- External HALT and HASS testing for thermal and vibration testing
- Thermal cycling and 85/85 damp heat
Compliance and certification
- External certified testing for compliance and certification
- Full EMC testing for immunity, radiation and susceptibility
- Comprehensive safety testing and “abnormals”